Sabi Sands: The Big 5 Photo Safari
South Africa's Sabi Sands Game Reserve is widely regarded as one of the best destinations in the world to photograph the Big 5 (leopard, lion, elephant, buffalo & rhino). On this South Africa photo safari we will get up close and personal with these enigmatic creatures in an entirely wild and free environment. Decades of responsible game drive practices have resulted in a wildlife population that is, for the most part, relaxed around vehicles and it is not uncommon to have leopards, lions and elephants all but brush past you as they go about their daily lives.
Mike's guiding career began in the Sabi Sands over a decade ago and he has been leading photo safaris to this incredible area ever since. With a small group of only 4 guests and our own private vehicle we have flexibility to go where we want, when we want. Mike will ensure that you are in the right place at the right time with the right settings and with some creative compositional ideas in mind that will have you filling your memory cards with the wildlife photographs of your dreams.
1 - 6 September 2023 Available
ZAR 105 095 pp sharing
Book your spot on this photo safari now!
Photographic possibilities on this photo tour...
After meeting at OR Tambo International Airport, we will take a short 1 hour flight to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. We will be met at the airstrip by a lodge representative and transferred to our home for the next 5 nights, Inyathi Game Lodge. After settling in our South Africa photo safari truly begins as we embark on our first afternoon game drive.
Overnight Inyathi Game Lodge
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Limpopo Transfrontier Park, is a vast and growing area, currently covering 6 million acres and incorporating the famous Kruger National Park. Habitats vary from Acacia thornveld dotted with Marula trees, to open savanna grasslands, and dense riverine woodland lined with majestic Jackalberry and Fig trees.
We will have two game drives each day, one which begins well before sunrise as we head out to make the most of the first golden light of the day and another which will see us in the bush from early afternoon until just after dark, giving us the opportunity to photograph the more nocturnal species.
In between drives Mike will provide image critiques and feedback, discuss different techniques and teach post processing workflows for those who are interested. Nights Inyathi Game Lodge
After a final morning’s game drive and another scrumptious breakfast, we will fly back to Johannesburg, where this incredible South Africa photo safari comes to an end.
Tour cost includes...
– 5 nights' accommodation at The Bush House in Madikwe Game Reserve
– All meals from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 6
– Coffee and tea at The Bush House
– Gratuities for local guides and services
– Bottled water
– Complimentary WIFI at The Bush House
– Entrance fees and conservation levies for Madikwe Game Reserve
– A private-use safari vehicle
– Usage of the hide for photography at The Bush House
– Costs and services of a local guide throughout
– All costs and hands-on photographic tutoring by Mike Dexter
– Any flights (please budget ZAR 10 764 pp for roundtrip flights OR Tambo - Madikwe)
– A freight seat for extra weight allowance
– Any pre or post-tour accommodation
– Visa costs
– Travel insurance
– Personal expenses such as souvenirs, telephone calls etc.
– Any beverages aside from those mentioned in inclusives
– Travel/medical/cancellation/curtailment insurance
– Anything not mentioned in inclusives above